Internationaal Vastgoed Makelaar in België en Netherlands – RG SECONDHOMES

Selling property in Spain

Considering you for a professional way to sell your property in Spain? We are happy to assist you with this. With RG Second Home Do you have the right partner at your side.

After inspection of your property we will inform you about the Real market value of your home. We photograph your home and places an expose our buros and on various Internet pages. Our well-structured web page has been successfully contribute to all major search engines. Obviously your house will appear on these pages. We also place regular advertisements in foreign newspapers and magazines.

Thanks to the good cooperation with other partners, agents and offices in various countries, we can offer your destination efficiently.

When your house is successfully sold by our office, we will arrange everything for you: The necessary papers, preparing contracts with lawyer / notary-saw thing electricity, water and gas, phone-saw thing and of course the payment of the agreed purchase price to You

Cost of selling your property in Spain

If you are planning to get your property in Spain you should sell it as owner to take into account that there are in this also some cost on your path. Below we provide an overview of the costs that you as a seller must take into account. RG Second Homes make during an interview like the full calculation for you so you will not afterwards be confronted with unpleasant surprises.

Capital Gains Tax (Impuesto sobre incremento the Patrimonio de la venta de un bien inmueble)

If you sell your home at a profit then you have to pay capital gains tax in Spain. This tax is officially called "Impuesto sobre Incremento the Patrimonio de la Venta de un bien Inmueble". With this tax is important whether you are a resident or non-resident. In some cases, you are exempt from this tax.

How is the capital gains tax?

The profit is the difference between the selling price and the price at which you bought the home itself. eeninflatiecorrectie is applied to the then purchase price. The inflation takes place by means of official tables of the Spanish government. The remaining amount can then deduct various expenses: Advocate and any brokerage fees and the cost of construction or remodeling.

Capital Gains Tax

  • 21% on the portion between € 0 and € 6,000.
  • 25% on the portion between € 6,000 and € 24,000
  • 27% on the portion above € 24,000

The tax is deducted from income tax. You have to pay the tax for the year in which the property is sold.

Wealth tax non-resident

A non-resident paid 21% tax on profits from sales.

If you are a non-resident sells a property in Spain is standard 3% of the sales price withheld as capital gains tax. You should at least realize that as a non-resident receives only 97% of the sales in the transfer of the property.

Since the Spanish housing market has now collapsed, will present less people profit when selling their home. If youre eligible for a refund of overpaid capital gains tax than you have time to submit an application after transfer of the property three months at the local tax office (Delegacion de Hacienda). You can apply the terugggave through the so-called 210 form.

The Spanish tax authorities will pass in the next fiscal year to pay back the overpayment. As a non-resident you must then appoint a Spanish resident entity or Spanish as a tax representative.

Exemption from capital gains tax

In the following cases you do not have to pay capital gains tax:

  • If you buy a new home with the proceeds of the sale. The condition is that you have lived continuously for your current home at least 3 years, you are a resident and that your new home is your principal residence.
  • If you are a resident, over 65 years and have long continuously lived in your current residence for at least three years.

Plus Valia

The Plusvalia, literally "value" is a municipal tax levied on the sale of a home. It is calculated based on the cadastral value of the property (Valor Catastral) and based on the number of years the property has been in your possession. The Valor Catastral is otherwise similar to the WOZ value in the Netherlands. In the heyday of the Spanish housing the Valor Catastral was often significantly lower than the market value of the property. After the bursting of the Spanish property bubble is the Spanish property tax value is often higher than the market value.

The Plusvalia is actually a tax on the value of the land on which the house stands. The municipality argues that the land has risen in value because it has made all kinds of infrastructure improvements in the area over the years. For example, the maintenance of existing roads or building new roads, construction and maintenance of the sewerage, street lighting, etc. Through the Plusvalia carries the seller in this infrastructure improvements.

The amount payable to Plusvalia is dependent on the Valor Catastral and the period in which youve had the property owned. The longer the period, the higher the amount of tax. The amount can add up. It is therefore wise to ask your broker or lawyer to advance search Plusvalia how much you should pay. They can do this at the town hall. At the town hall they can calculate exactly how much you have to pay Plusvalia. They do so on the basis of the property tax registry. Now that the housing market has collapsed, you can consult with the municipality in order to arrive at the lowest possible value.

When setting up the contract can agree who paid Plusvalia, the buyer or the seller. In the past, when the Spanish housing market, the buyer was still booming bussines paid mostly. Today, however, turned the tables and paid the seller the Plusvalia (ultimately the seller also has "enjoyed" the property).

The Plusvalia must be paid within 30 days after the sale of the property. You can pay at the town hall. However, the purchaser may require the Plusvalia is deducted from the selling price. This is to prevent that the seller leaves without paying. In that case, namely, the buyer should pay the Plusvalia. For the buyer it is so reassuring to know that he is not a burden on the Plusvalia.

Certificado the eficiencia Energetics (energy certificate)

The "Certificado de eficiencia Energetics" also known as CEE, is nothing less than an energy saving certificate indicating whether a property is energy efficient or not. The conscious certificate indicates whether a property is or is not efficient which is again designated with letters, from A which means maximum efficiency to G which is not served efficiently. These certificates are required for homes built before 2007.


The audit will include looking at the energy consumption in the home and reduces energy consumption in what ways or can be customized. If you get a certificate than maximum valid for 10 years. To create a CEE a professional should be sought.

No license, no sale / lease

If you want to sell a house after June 1, 2014 or rent than the owner must have a license. One has not, and the house is still sold, the owner can be fined up to 6,000 euros !! Besides the fact that these certificates must be presented when selling a house or rent, these certificates must be presented to the appropriate authorities in the state where the property stands.


The cost of applying for and obtaining a CEE amounts, depending on the size of the object to sell between 150 and 300 euro.RG Second Home Has good contacts with various architects who are competent to issue a CEE.

Cédula the Habitabilidad (habitation certificate)

The license of first occupation, in Spanish "Licencia de primera ocupacion" or in some parts of Spain "Cedula the habitabilidad", is an administrative license that issued by the Municipality where the property is situated and the authorization is for the owner to involve legally the property.

When buying your home, you have this statement may also receive, focusing on probably because it was sometimes more often intentionally or unintentionally forgotten in the earlier years.

The "Cedula the Habitabilidad" must not be older on the date of sale than 5 years.

However, if the date has already been exceeded, or if you are not in possession of this license, it must still by the buyer to be requested.

To request a "Cedula the Habitabilidad" a professional should be turned on, a qualified architect in this case.


Costs are dependent on the gemente in which to sell the object is located, as well as the dimensions of the object to sell. RG Second Homes has good contacts with various architects who are qualified to apply for a "Cedula the Habitabilidad". Cost of this application vary normally between 200 and 400 euros.

Brokerage commission

It is not uncommon in Spain to offer at the same time to buy your house at different brokers. If one makes the right price fixing several agencies have to give it further no problem and this can significantly increase the verkooppkans.

However, practice shows that brokers do not always work with the same provisions making it possible that your home is marketed by several brokers and at different prices in the spotlight. This will drain you chance that unlike the previously mentioned that your home also praises "outside the market".

RG Second Home Works always on a "No Cure - No Pay" which means that You owe no fee unless we sell within the agreed period of your home and / or home by you or sold by another broker.

We would like to discuss during a personal conversation with you our sales methods and our predetermined fee.

Contact Us